Django is a web application development framework . It is open-sourced and written in Python and is meant for developing Python based web apps .
It is quoted such that “Django is for perfectionists with deadline.”
Django has a pretty clear MVC (Model/View/Control) layout and development is quite easy.
The development environment on Mac is similar to that of Linux .Follow these steps to install Django on Mac .
Install Django on Mac :
- First of all Launch Terminal either from Applications or press F4 and look for Terminal .
- To Install Django, we need to install pip. Type the command given and enter your password when it prompts to enter your computer’s password.
sudo easy_install pip
- Now, to Install it, type the following command and enter your password when it prompts to enter your computer’s password.
sudo pip install Django
- Finally after installation to check the version of installed Django , type the command
- Type the following command and create Django Project .
django-admin.py startproject projectname
- To run this project , navigate to project folder and then start server by running this command
python manage.py runserver
- Now you can go to http://127.0.0.1:8000 to check if it works . As a result , You would find something similar like this :You can read much about it on our blog and for documentation you can visit here.