We all Watch movies & TV shows online or stream right to our game console, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad and more . But wait .. Have you ever wondered How much data does Netflix use ? No? Then its time to think about it and make sure that Netflix doesn’t cost you extra bucks . If you are on wifi then there is no need to worry about , but if you are on cellular data then just don’t stop . In this article we will tell you how to find How much data does Netflix uses and monitor it.
What is Covered :
How Much Data Does Netflix Use?
How Much Data Does Netflix Use?
If you have monthly cellular plan with data limits , its really important for you to use how much data is getting used by Nextflix . How Much Data Does Netflix Used is determined by Netflix on the basis of the video streaming quality chosen by your plan . Here is the information according to Netflix :
- For High Definition (HD ) it uses about , 3gb of data for streaming per hour
- For Standard Definition, it uses about 1gb of streaming data per hour.
How to Check Your Netflix Data Usage ? / How to Monitor Your Netflix Data Usage ?
Either you might using more data or you might be ending consuming less data . But Fortunately we can check it out on our iPhone , iPad or other devices by following the below Steps :
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Cellular.
- Scroll down and locate Netflix app .
- If you want that Netflix never uses Cellular data, click to turn it off.
- Below the Netflix app name , you will see a number. The screenshot example below shows I’ve used 31MB of data streaming on my iPhone and this is the consumed data .
How to Control How Much Data Netflix Uses
Netflix allows you to set limits for the data it consumes. You can control it within the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad. It is an easy way to reduce the amount of bandwidth you use watching Netflix. You have been provided with multiple options like Off, Low, Medium, High, Automatic, and Unlimited. To make it easy to understand, think about picture or streaming quality. Low will mean a rougher picture and pixelated quality but it will use the least amount of data. High will be the best picture quality and use the most amount of data. Automatic or Unlimited is not what you want to select if you’re trying to control how much data Netflix uses. By selecting Automatic or Unlimited, the picture is based on the quality of your internet data connection i.e it depends upon the speed of your internet connection . So if the internet is working well, it will give you a high quality picture and use a lot of your internet data, yeah ! its directly proportional . You can also choose to turn cellular data usage within Netflix off all together.
Steps to Control How Much Data Netflix Uses
- Open the Netflix App from the home screen.
- Tap the three horizontal bars or the hamburger menu in the upper left corner to open the main menu.
- Scroll down and select App Settings.
- Toggle off Set Automatically.
- Select the best option you. Below Low, Medium, and High it gives you a rough estimate of how many hours of streaming Netflix will use 1GB.
Awesome ! finally you did it , now save money on your data or use it in your own way! Keep reading more blogs and signup for our newsletter !